Saturday, September 10, 2016

I Have Them Worried

So my assistant principal as been asking me everyday since Tuesday if I was good.  She is my friend on Facebook.  I have made some posts that indicated that I was none to pleased about the timing of the recent changes nor the delivery of said changes.

Yesterday, she came in during my planning period to have a heart to heart to just make sure I was all good.  She couldn't have the "staples" of the school upset.  I told her that given time I would be fine.  I explained how the timing was wrong to implement new formats along with new due dates because we were running a shorten week along with a mid week football game that affected a lot of teachers.  She explained that administration hadn't even considered all of  that....AND that, folks, is the problem.  Administration dreams up solutions to problems perceived without considering ramifications on teachers which will ultimately have ramifications on students....and not always in the good way administration wants.

But I have been in the game long enough to know how to play game and know that I will survive administration changes.  Administrators come and go because they are always trying to move up the pay ladder away from actual contact with students.  Some legit want to change the game, but the game changes them.

Heck....contact with students is where the fun is.  It's where you stay real.

I have them worried but what they don't know is that I'm not going anywhere....Someone has to fight for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment