Tuesday, October 14, 2014

No Regrets

Many years ago, I decided that I would have no regrets about my life.  Don't get me wrong.  I have made some horrendous decisions that turned out really bad, but even those choices have made me who I am today. Every decision I have ever made has led me to this moment now.  I like who I am now. I like my life.  I can't imagine it any different. One little decision could have throw everything off.  To have just a tiny regret about the past would be to have a tiny regret about who I am today.  As a child of God, I believe that I perfect in his eyes.  I don't have to be perfect in human eyes.  But to have doubts or regrets about who I am is to think that somehow God created something less than perfect.  I have many times fallen short of the mark, but that is why I am washed in the Blood of the Lamb.  All of the trials and tribulations that I endured prepared me to help someone else.  I gained wisdom to pass along.  I gained empathy for others.  I found understanding in a similar circumstance.  So my no regrets in life motto isn't really about making I don't miss out on an opportunity.  It's more or less about making sure that in the future I don't said, "I wish I hadn't dated that person," or "I wish I had taken that job," or something to that effect. Dating that person taught me lessons.  Not taking that job freed me up for something better.  I don't regret who I was then.  I don't regret who I am now.  I won't regret who I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment